25 Jun AAM AUR CHANNE KA ACHAR
1/2 cup kabuli chana (white chick peas)
1 1/2 cups grated raw mango
1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tbsp fenugreek (methi) seeds
1 tbsp fenugreek seeds (methi) powder
1 tbsp fennel seeds (saunf)
1/2 tsp asafoetida (hing)
1 tsp nigella seeds (kalonji)
14 whole dry kashmiri red chillies
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 1/4 cups mustard (rai / sarson) oil
1 tbsp salt
- Combine the grated mango, turmeric powder and salt and leave aside for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze out all the mango water using a muslim cloth and keep aside. Keep the grated mango aside separately.
- Soak the Kabuli chana and fenugreek seeds in the mango water overnight.
- Refrigerate the grated mango.
- Combine the fenugreek seeds powder, fennel seeds, asafoetida, nigella seeds, whole red chillies, chilli powder and soaked Kabuli chana mixture with the grated mango. Mix well.
- Heat the mustard oil. Cool it and add to the prepared mixture.
- Bottle the pickle in a sterilised glass jar.
- The pickle is ready to eat after 3 to 4 days.
- Store it a cool dry place for upto 1 year.