25 Jun ACHAARI ALOO WRAP
For The Aam Aur Chane ka Achaar
1 1/2 cups grated raw mangoes
1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp fenugreek (methi) seeds
1/2 cup kabuli chana (white chick peas)
1 tbsp fenugreek seeds (methi) powder
1 tbsp fennel seeds (saunf)
1/2 tsp asafoetida (hing)
1 tsp nigella seeds (kalonji)
14 whole dry kashmiri red chillies
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 1/4 cups mustard (rai / sarson) oil
For The Spicy Potato Filling
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
1 1/2 cups boiled , peeled and mashed potatoes
1/2 cup boiled green peas
2 tsp chaat masala
2 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
salt to taste
1 cup onion rings
chaat masala to taste
Method (For aam aur chane ka achaar)
- Combine the mangoes, turmeric powder and salt in a bowl, mix well and leave aside for 30 minutes. Squeeze out all the water from the mangoes and keep refrigerated till use.
- Soak the kabuli chana and fenugreek seeds in the mango water overnight.
- Combine the fenugreek seeds powder, fennel seeds, asafoetida, nigella seeds, whole red chillies, chilli powder, soaked kabuli chana mixture and grated mangoes in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat the mustard oil in a small pan and cool completely. Add it to the prepared mixture.
- Place the pickle in a sterilised glass jar and store it in a cool dry place.
- The pickle is ready to eat after 3 to 4 days. Store it a cool dry place for upto 1 year.
For the spicy potato filling
- Heat the oil in a broad pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame till they turn translucent.
- Add the green chillies and ginger and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes, green peas, chaat masala, garam masala, coriander and salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes. Keep aside.
How to proceed
- Combine the onion rings and chaat masala in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean dry surface and arrange ¼th of the spicy potato filling in a row in the centre of the roti.
- Spread 1 tsp of aam aur chane ka achaar and arrange ¼ cup of onion rings over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more rolls.
- Wrap a tissue paper around each roll and serve immediately.