25 Jun ACHAARI PANEER WARQI
For The Achaari Paneer
1 1/2 cups crumbled paneer (cottage cheese)
2 tbsp mustard (rai / sarson) oil
2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
1/4 tsp fenugreek (methi) seeds
1/4 tsp nigella seeds (kalonji)
1/4 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
2 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 cup chopped coriander (dhania)
salt to taste
For The Warqi
5 samosa pattis
a pinch nigella seeds (kalonji)
a pinch turmeric powder (haldi)
a pinch chilli powder
1 tbsp oil
For the achaari paneer
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, onion seeds and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions, green chillies, ginger, garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the paneer, turmeric powder, coriander and salt and mix well, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Keep aside.
For the warqi
- Arrange the samosa pattis one on top of other on a baking tray, using oil to grease between the sheets. Sprinkle with onion seeds, turmeric powder and chilli powder.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) till they turn crisp.
- Cut into 2½“squares and keep aside.
How to proceed
- Place a spoonful of the achari paneer mixture on a sheet of samosa pattis warqi and serve immediately.