25 Jun BHINDI CHORCHORI
30 ladies finger (bhindi)
1 tbsp mustard (rai / sarson) oil
1/2 tbsp oil
1 tsp panch phoran , refer handy tip
salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 cup sliced onions
2 slit green chillies
- Wash and clean the ladies fingers. Slice off their stem and tip, and cut into two horizontally. Slit each half into two, without separating them. Keep aside.
- Combine the mustard oil and refined oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for high for 1 minute.
- Add the panch phoran, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the ladies fingers and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring once after 1½ minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, onions, green chillies and ¼ cup of water, mix well and microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring once in between after 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- To make panch phoran (approx 1/3 cup), combine 1 tbsp onion seeds (kalonji), 1 tbsp mustard seeds (rai / sarson), 1 tbsp fenugreek (methi) seeds, 1 tbsp fennel seeds (saunf) and 1 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera) and mix well. Use as required.