25 Jun BIHARI KEBAB
1 kg mutton – cut into pasandas (boneless and flattened meat pieces)
2 Tbsp onion paste
1 Tbsp ginger paste
1 Tbsp red chilli powder
1 Tbsp powder
2 Tbsp poppy seed paste
2 Tbsp yogurt
1 Tbsp mustard oil
Salt – as per taste
1 tsp papaya paste
- Slice meat into thin strips approximately into 1 inch wide and 4 to 6 inches long.
- Add salt, mustard oil and ginger paste.
- Mix rest of the ingredients and marinate for 3-4 hours.
- Skewer meat and barbecue on charcoal fire for best results, alternatively bake in a hot oven (400F-200C) over a drip tray till tender (20-25minutes).
- Remove from oven. Brush oil over it and blacken and crispover a flame (If using a charcoal grill, cook over it till blackened and crisp).
- Keep rotating the skewer until meat turns a bit crispy and blackened.
- Serve with onion salad made with lemon, salt and diced green chillies.