25 Jun CHATPAT ALOO
oil for deep-frying
3 cups potatoes, peeled and cut into thick fingers
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
4 tsp roasted sesame seeds (til)
1 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
salt to taste
2 green chillies, slit
2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
2 tbsp mustard (rai / sarson) oil
a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
1 cup capsicum (red, green), cut into wedges
Puris and Aam ka Achaar to serve
- Heat the oil in a kadhai on a medium flame and deep-fry the potato fingers till they are golden brown and cooked. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin seeds powder, sesame seeds, dry mango powder and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the potatoes, green chillies and coriander and mix well. Keep aside
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan to smoking point, add the asafoetida and stir for about 10 seconds.
- Add the capsicum and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the potato mixture and toss gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with puris and aam ka achaar.